Pages

Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2011

My Hero!

 Good morning all!
It's Wednesday! Happy Hump Day to you all! 
By this afternoon we'll be on the downhill run to the weekend! Yay!
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love 
Friday & the promise of the weekend ahead!
Anyhoo back to business!
It's time for a new challenge over at Dude Time Doodles!


This weeks challenge, is an inspirational/colour challenge & the theme is
"Hero"
Look at all those fab heros in the photo! They all hang out in Dudeville
Awesome are they not!
So, who is your Hero? 
Well, apart from my Dad (of course), my husband is my Hero!
Shhhh don't tell him he might get big headed! lol
It's our wedding anniversary soon, so I made this card for him!


It's a little double pocket tag card!
(It's a bit of a chuckle really as he is not a morning person at all & is 
not worth abutton before he has his morning coffee poor soul!)
I've never made one of these card before & have always been in awe of them 
but now I know how, they are oh so simple to do!
I used an A4 sheet of plain white cardstock for the base card.


I scored, cut & folded the card & then cut some design paper to fit.
(I can't think for the life of me where it's from right now but 
I'll have a think & try to update later!)
 Before sticking the card together, I did a bit of paper piercing 
& added some faux stitching with a white gel pen.
I then stuck together & added some ribbon & button detail 
as well as the sentiment which I made on the pc & cut out with a 
Nellie Snellen frame it die then inked the edges with distress ink.
As you can see I added two tags, one before coffee & one after! lol


The tags have been kept simple! I cut them out using a sizzix tag die
& backed with a co-ordinating card stock.
I coloured the images with Promarkers.
( I left his legs quite pale deliberately! lol)
I added a few splodges around his head, inked the edges with distress ink 
then added co-ordinating ribbon


This is the after image Henry Hero much more like it huh!
Such a handsome chap!



I may add a little gift card later but 
I have added a little gift of a coffee bag for now!



Here is a closer look at the sentiment I created.
 I hope you like my creation & 
I especially hope you're inspired to join in the Hero/Colour challenge over at 
If you need more inspiration, do check out the awesome makes from the other 
DT members on the Challenge Blog!

Below is the list of challenges I would like to enter my card into
Crafts & Me Stripes
Digistamps 4 joy Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Dies or Punches
For Fun Challenges Anniversary
Anything Goes Challenge Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday People Images
Going Grey With Scrap Creations Anything Goes
Cards For Men Anything But A Square
Make it Monday Anything Goes
Nettie G's Digital Gems Anything Goes
Stamp With Fun Anything Goes
Stamps & Fun = Creativity Shapes & Die Cuts
The Crazy Challenge Men Only
There's Magic In The Air Someone Special
Addicted to Stamps Stitching
The Squirrel & The Fox Anything Goes
2 Sisters Let's Get Sentimental
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Lots of Layers
Fairy Fun Friday's Masculine
Crafty Ribbons Anything Goes
Shelly's Images Anything Goes

34 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and stitching ! Thanks for joining us at ATS. Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous clever card Dawn! Love the tags and your use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love the tags and the images! =)
    Thanks for joining us at NettieG's Digital gems!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic card Dawn, very humorous too. Love the tag idea. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic anniversary card for your husband! Great idea making the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, I love how you created this with the two tags! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, too wonderful, Dawn! Love the addition of the coffee to the card. Wish all it took was a cup of coffee to change me from incoherent to hero! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea - and card! Love your fantastic coloring on this too. So very cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! your hubbys a lucky guy. Thanks for playing along on For Fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Dawn, this is FAB, and SOOOO FUNNY! He's gonna love it for sure :) So pleased you've joined the FOR FUN challenge this week too.

    Big hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is fabulous! Love the zero to hero sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOSH ... this is FABULOUS! I haven't done one of these cards in a very long time ... thanks for inspiration!! GREAT JOB!!
    Thanks for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Shelly's Images!

    Darlene
    SI DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! What a precious card! I just might have to make one for MY hubby! Thanks for joining us at NettieG's!

    ~Ashley
    NettieG's DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card! I love the images and tags thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox - hope we'll see you again soon!

    Hugs, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super fun and creative project, love it... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to bother you but could you please re- link at For Fun? We had some problems and had to re link. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great card! Love it! thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my dear, I'm still laughing. This is so brilliant(- and with a female motiv it could be me!). I have to save your card as a bookmark. Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at FFF this time. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Dawn... thank you for sharing such a fab creation with us at For Fun Challenges this week! I love the ribbon and buttons. I'm sorry that we're having technical difficulties with the Linky - it just won't for us!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant card Dawn, I like both images and what you have done with the ribbon.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun card, thanks for the chuckle! The coffee bag is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, this is cute! I love the tag! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally fabulous card. I would have never thought that color scheme for a guy, but it works! Great idea to add some coffee in with it. And I love the way you did the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy Anything Goes, and a bonus Challenge ~ Charlene DS4J DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh what a fabulous idea .. i just love those tags
    Thanks for linking up at make it Monday this week
    Lisa x
    ps -Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so cute, love the layout with the tag.
    Thanks, for joining us in the Paper Cupcakes/MITA challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is fabulous, love the images and colours. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cool! Love the layers! Love the images! I recently found DTD stamps and LOVE them!! Thanks for sharing on Make It Monday!
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a gorgeous card love the colors thanks for joining us at SFC......

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great card! I love the funny images and your great Idea to use them! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the crazy challenge, good luck! Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous card :) made me smile :) love your design! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Dawn, this is fab... love the tag idea
    Thanks for joining us at cards for men
    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. brilliant Dawn, what a fantastic idea...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge this week
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is just adorable. And means even more because you made it personal. I love the zero to hero with just one coffee!!

    Thanks for playing at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you this week as the new challenge is up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx