Pages

Followers

Sunday 18 September 2011

Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend?

Ooooh! Happy Sunday All!
This is a holiday weekend here in Edinburgh & as I worked on Saturday,
 I'm going to make the most of my Monday off!
I might even have a little lie in!!!
As you know, every Sunday, it's time for the new challenge at 
This weeks theme is Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend!
We want to see diamonds (well gems!lol) on your project!
Here's my card.


lol! I made a Diamond Top Card!
We are sponsored this week by the lovely Joanna Sheen


The prize on offer is a £10 voucher for her fabby online shop!



The team have used Belinda in Reflection this week.
I think you'll agree she's a little gem of an image!
I coloured her up with Promarkers then cut her out with a Nellie Snellen die.
I added a couple of diamonds to Belinda's hat & top  & did the same on her reflection


I added some punched leaves which I layered up then topped with a little flower
to which I added a little gem at the centre


The papers I have used are Papermania as are the gems. 
The sentiment is from Sentiments 4 You & is coloured with  promarkers &
matted on to a diamond of the design paper
I mounted the sentiment diamond using foam squares &
then added more of the punched leaves  around it!

Ths picture shows the fold used to create the Diamond Top card.
 looks tricky but it's so easy to do!
As I type up this post & look at the pics, I notice I forgot to put the diamonds 
on the corners of the top section of my card! (Silly Billy!)
I was in such a rush to get halfway decent pics while it was dry!
I hope you can find time to join in this challenge it's easy peasy this week!
If you need more inspiration, you'll get shed loads from the other very talented ladies of 
they have as ever come up with some awesome creations.
I would like to enter my card in the challenges below
Card Cupids Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenges Punches & Or Dies
Di's Digi Desgns Anything Goes
Ellephantastic Here Come The Girls
Totally Gorjuss Nothing Square about me
Card Makin' Mama's Use Punches
Fabulous Friday Use Punches
Patties Creations Girly Things
Sweet n Sassy Digi Challenge
Shelly's Images Anything Goes
Paper Play Punches & Dies
Play Date Cafe Photo Inspiration
Kelley Kids For Someone Special

35 comments:

  1. My word this is stunning!!!! Wow I love the design of the card and the flowers WOW!!!! What an excellent job you did on this Dawn!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Dawn! Don't know where you find the time to do all these challenges and produce gorgeous cards every time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the diamond shape - great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and wonderful color cardstock. Really interesting and creative shape, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww how cuts is this! great card! thnx for playing with us at cmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love that you did a diamond shape and gems both! Very Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MARY B has left a new comment on your post "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend?":

    Fabulous card in my favourite colours, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....what a cool card! Love the way the top sits on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card! What a creative design too with the diamond top! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "Punched and/or Dies"! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card ... such a sweet image and I love your unusual shape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Fab colours and design!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME card! You did a great job of incorporating "diamonds"...both in shape and bling - LOL! :) Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute!! I love the unique fold. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty little card Dawn. Just so you know, your flowers are being posted in the morning (today now I suppose) first class so I really hope you get them on Tuesday. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawn - such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Girlie Things' Challenge #30, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card, love the image and cluster of flowers. Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I've never seen a diamond top card before. Beautiful design, papers and flowers. Thanks for joining in the fun at TG this week. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous creation! I totally agree that the image is a gem. Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel & The Fox for our very first challenge. I hope to see you there again soon!
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a creative card! Love the design and colours.Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card !! That fold looks stunning and i do love the colours that you have chosen to use.
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Punch It' challenge.. Good Luck !! Hope to see you back next week :O)
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab shaped card, love those leaves!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card,, Lovely colours and fab design.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card. Love the colours. HUgs

    NIKKI

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super card, thats a great fold and I love the monotone style

    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our 'Sparkle' challenge this week and good luck

    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card, I love the colouring and the details, thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, good luck and hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so beyond intrigued by this shape of card! I might have to play around with it soon :) Thanks for joining us at Card Cupids.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous design, chock full of gorgeous details! Awesome take on our colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an awesome design, chock full of gorgeous detail! Great take on our colors, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOWZA! This project has sooooooooo much detail! WOW! Great job! THANKS so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. sweet, fun & girly :0)
    Thank you for joining our challenge.
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  31. thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge Blog and good luck with your entry - I like that fold a lot thanks for remiidg about it LOL hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  32. very pretty card, love the shape, thanks for joining us for this months challenge at Ellephantastic.
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely creation! Thanks very much for playing along with us at Corrosive, and good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome card and wonderful color also. Really interesting and creative shape you done in your blog land. Now a days this colour is very big demand in current market.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome card and wonderful color also. Really interesting and creative shape you done in your blog land. Now a days this colour is very big demand in current market.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx