Pages

Followers

Sunday 29 May 2011

Thank You Teacher!

Happy Sunday all!
Fed up of me yet today???
Where did that week go??
We were off & had a couple of days away, did a few things & then woosh, here we are Sunday again!
On to business then!
This week at The Crafty Pad it's Challenge #123 & we have a recipe for you!
Use 3DP's, 2 Ribbons & 1 flower! get it? 123 lol
Here without further ado is my card!


We are sponsored this week by the lovely Michelle over at Michelle's Scraps


Michelle is very kindly offering a $15 gift voucher for her store



With half term coming up, we the DT ladies were asked to use one of the fab
Incidentally there is a sale on at The Crafty Pad Designs, at the moment!


 30% off all the FAB Digi Stamps 
The sale runs until the 2nd June so be sure to get on over & stock up on all your digi stamps!
I have once again opted for an easel card! Somebody stop me!!! lol
I used white linen textured card from Southfield Stationers for my base card.


The layout was my own & the papers are digital from the Two Peas In A set from 
I printed the image & the sentiment at actual size! 
I used promarkers to colour & matted the image onto some coordinating card! I used a corner punch to give a bit of detail!
The papers were all matted & layered on to coordinating card too!

Now technically you could say I used two flowers but as I have layered them I'm counting them as one!



I wrapped my first ribbon round the easel section & secured by tying a bow. I than added the flower on top with some pinfliar glue. The centre of the flower is a piece of card candy!


I cut out the sentiment with my Nellie Snellen Frames die the matted onto a piece of coordinating card which was cut out using a scalloped circle nestie.
The stop was the whole matted & layered section at the front of the easel base.
The second ribbon was intended to make the sentiment section look like a tag & I threaded it through one of the holes on the frame shape but clumsy old me pulled too hard & burst the section! At that point I decided to cut my losses & add it as a bow!
Thanks for looking at my card! I do hope you like it! 
It's for my great niece to give to her nursery teacher at the end of  term as she goes up to big school then!
Hope you can find time to enter the challenge over at The Crafty Pad this week!
I'm off to find some challenges to enter my card in to!

There She Goes Easel Card (Mon)
Stamps R Us  Going Digital (Papers Image Sentiment) (Mon)
Happileigh Scrappin More Than One Fold
Creative Card Crew Anything Goes
The Paper Variety School Theme
Paper Crafting Journey Anything Goes/ or fav colours technique etc
Digi Doodles Shops Best Anything Goes
Fairy Fun Fridays  More than one fold
2 Sisters Anything Goes
The Paper Players Anything Goes







14 comments:

  1. Wow you are a busy bee!!! This card is adorable!!! Such a sweet little bear and the papers and flowers are gorgeous!!!! Way to go Dawn always a pleasure to come and visit your creations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in this Dawn :) I'm sure your great niece's teacher will love it too! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Dawn this is just gorgeous, such lovely soft colouring too - Ted looks so good on the card. :)
    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful easel card! Love that cute image and the happy colors and patterns you've chosen! Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Variey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love easel cards and this one is just as cute as it can be. Love the image and the colors. Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and such pretty colours too, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable easel card! The image is so cute! I am sure any teacher would love to receive it! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an adorable card so pretty thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Stampin with the Dragon
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The papers are so pretty - great choice.Sweet card and such neat colouring too.Thnaks for joining us DDSB :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your easel card Dawn. The image is so cute. I wish it were easier to get the Nellie Snellen dies here because I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so adorable! That bear is totally cuuuute! =D Great colors, absolutely fabulous card!

    Thanks for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin'! I hope you will join us in this week's challenge as well.

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thsi is such a sweet card and such soft tones to it! :D


    Thanks for joining us at PFD for the "More Than One Fold" challenge and good luck! :D

    Hugz,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this card when I saw it on The Crafty Pad and I've loved looking at it again now! :0) A truly lovely creation honey. :0)
    Thank you so much for joining us at DDSB this week for our anything goes challenge. Hugs, Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colours. Thanks for playing at Stampin with the Dragon challenge.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx