Pages

Followers

Friday 11 October 2013

Silver Wedding Anniversary

Good morning all & a very happy Friday to you!
Today I have a rather special card to share with you!
Or rather should I say a card for a very special occasion to share!


Yep, it's 25 years since my hubby & I tied the knot!
Not sure where those years have gone but boy have they been fun!
The photo's aren't great I'm afraid as time was limited & all
 that mirror card just kept flashing back at me!
I made an A5 card, using linen embossed card stock.


I blew off the dust, then cut the shapes & numbers with my underused Cricut.
The white panel under the numbers was embossed with a cuttlebug folder.
I the wrapped the panel with silver string , stuck on the numbers & attached
the TH so they were hanging in the 5.


Next, I tried something I've been meaning to try for ages!
I printed my sentiment on to some vellum then embossed before
 the ink was dry. I then fussy cut around them.


The final addition was a little heart, cut using my Cricut.
I added an insert with a beautiful poem I found, which
just sums us up totally, in my mind anyway! lol
I had a lot of fun making this card, fingers crossed hubby likes it too!
Thanks  for popping in!
I'd like to enter this little card in the following challenges:
 Craftitude - Things beginning with S (Silver, shiny, string)
Inky Impressions - Glitter & Sparkle
Stamp n Doodle - Embossing
Bearly Mine Challenges - Ribbon String Twine
C Is For Challenge - Boys/Men
Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes With Embossing Powder, Glitter & Or  Flocking
Shopping Our Stash - Embossing x 2

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both Dawn, hope you have a great day. Love your card...I really must blow the dust off my Cricut sometime soon too!! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Dawn to you and your hubby, fabulous card, sure your hubby will love it...hope you have a wonderful day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Dawn to you and your hubby hope you have a fab time ......simply gorgeous card too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and congratulations on your silver wedding anniversary. I am sure your hubby will adore it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and your hubby on your milestone anniversary! How special is that! Love your card and all the silver...I can relate to an "underused" cricut machine as well! Thanks for sharing your pretty card and for linking up with us at Craftin Desert Diva's Linky party!
    ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bottoms up for you two! Great project, love these 'TH" letter hanging. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Love your card and I'm sure your husband will too. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Stamp n Doodle! Rebecca:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 25 years together! Your card is so lovely. I love the embossing powder on the vellum. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at the SNS challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card you made for your husband! I love the string you used and how you embossed the sentiment on the vellum. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful and beautiful anniversary card. Congratulations!!! Love how you used embossing powder on the vellum!! Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Come back soon. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary!!! That is a great occasion to share! Love the silver mirror paper you have used on your card. It's really beautiful.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Craftitude challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky I have some candy on my blog ;o) http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your anniversary. Your card is lovely...and yes, hard to capture in a photo. Love the idea of embossing on vellum. It looks wonderful. Again, thanks for joining our S is for ... Challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. I've enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx