Pages

Followers

Wednesday 25 January 2012

I'm A Lumberjack & I'm Okay

Good Morning all! 
Wednesday already & it's time for the first
 New Release Blog Hop at Dude Time Doodles of 2012
If you've come here via the lovely & very talented CG's blog, 
then you're on the right track.
If not, no worries, it's a circle hop so, you can start the hop from here
& just keep going till you go full circle!
Don't forget to leave some love for each DT member along the way as 
one of us is the mystery host/hostess & you may win a prize!


I managed to snag this handsome chap to create with!
This is Axel Lumberjack & he's a hard-working chap with a heart of gold!
He & the other new Dudesville residents will be available 
in the store as of today!

Look what he's done for his lady!!!
Lol! The background is actually a photo of a sculpture by 
(Click on the link to go to his website!)
So the next stop on the hop is the  uber talented Ruth
If you want to head off, don't forget to leave a comment to 
be in the draw for the mystery host/hostess prize!
Don't forget if you get a little lost you can pop back to 
Dude Time Doodles & pick up the trail there!
If you want to know a little more about my card read on!


I coloured Axel up with my trusty Promarkers then cut him out
The base card is an A6 Landscape.
I printed the background photo onto glossy photo paper 
 then matted it on to some white card.


The sentiment was made on the computer using Lumberjackfred font
which you can download for free here!
I cut it out with a nestie & inked with distress ink while it was still in the die!
The inside of the card has a paper insert, sorry I forgot to get a photo.
 It simply says "Be My Valentine"
I've also added a little uncoloured image of Axel just for fun!
I hope you like my card!
If you've made it to here, don't forget to leave a comment
 to be in with a chance of winning an image before hopping on to ......!
Hope you have fun on the hop & good luck!
Don't forget your next stop is Ruth
Just to let you know I will be on my snore shelf catching a few zzzzz's
when this post goes live so I will have to update the DT blog links 
when I awake from my slumbers.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge To The One I Love
Paper & Such Non Traditional Colours 
Cards For Men Boys & Their Toys
Crafty Boots Something Inspired By A Song Title (I'm a Lumberjack & I'm Okay)
Cupcake Craft Challenges All You Need Is Love
Paper Creations Ink Love /Romance
Paper Playtime Valentines Day Project
Simon Says Stamp & Show ...A Song Title
There She Goes Love Is In The Air
Poodles Parlour Love/Valentine
Simply Create Too Love Is In The Air
Wags N Whiskers Love/Valentine
Craft Us Crazy Love/Valentine
Digi Doodles Shops Best Blues & Browns
For Your Inspiration Photo Inspiration

48 comments:

  1. Axel is a handsome dude for sure! Love your cute card with that background paper! Looking forward to seeing all the new images!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Robyn's Fetish!
    hannelie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever card and fab image :o) thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-room challenge. Good luck. Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the new image. I love those eyes, very haunting.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Dawn,I love the backing paper,I just love this lumberjack image reminds me of my Dad..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Robyn Fetish challenge this week
    Kym DT
    http://kimmyskards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card Dawn, I love everything about this. Great sculpture and fab use of the photograph. Top drawer! xx Good luck in your challenges :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card Dawn, I love everything about it. Great sculpture and fab use of the photo - top drawer! xx Good luck in your challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crap, now I have the Lumberjack Song in my head LOL! What a beautiful background photo...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lumberjack Song, great choice and your card is perfect choice to illustrate this song. I love the background you have chosen and your sentiment made me laugh, or was that groan!

    Great fun. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great card Dawn!!! Axel looks like one cool romantic dude.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific card Dawn! Love the chopped wood photo behind Axel, great idea. The sentiment is a great choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Dawn, wow this is a brillant image and such fun too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card Dawn, I like the background you created and the sentiment.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun card. Love the punny sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the design and that paper is perfect. Great sentiment and you always find the best fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fun card, thanks for playing at anything goes this week, hugs trace x dt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute idea for a card! Your lumberjack is really nicely colored. Laying him on top of a picture of a neatly stacked woodpile and then adding your sentiment was a great idea! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card,love the image.Thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Doodle Shop this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. I can't say I'm familiar with that song, but I am intrigued to hear it..lol. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Boots Challenges. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool background! Love the sentiment and it's font.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous fun card, many thanks for sharing the love at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun quirky valentine...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card Dawn!! Love the sentiment along with the image!! Thanks for joining us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Teehee! AWESOME! Love that wood pile background! This card is fantastic and I love that image! Gotta love DTD! Glad I Hopped by! :)
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card. This really made me smile. The image is super and love what you have done with it and the sentiment.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fab, fun card!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  28. A fabulous card, I love it! Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a fun card! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun card Dawn! Of course, when I saw it, I had to sing a rousing chorus of the song! LOL The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How adorable! Love the image, and the background. So glad you joined us at Drunken Stampers and FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  32. this is awesome, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute card! I love that sculpture you've used as a background, and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  34. fab card dawn ,great image and the perfect sentiment
    thanks for joining us at
    the poodle parlour and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW! Fabulous background, Dawn. How clever! Love your coloring on Axel. Fabulous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this card- the background is fabulous! Your dude is colored wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a wonderful combination of resources here! Love that lumberjack and the sculpture background is perfect. Thanks for all the great links and inspiration and also...
    Thank you SO much for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our challenge.
    Best of luck to you and we hope to see you again next time too!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Dawn! this is such a fabulous fun card, very clever thank you so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a gorgeous creation. Just love the scene and of course the very apt sentiment.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh what a great take on this image...i love it.....xxxx amanda

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love that bg photo with the sentiment! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is hilarious!!! LOVE it--I needed a good laugh today! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. So cute! I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup, a cardmaking celebration!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  44. very gorgeous card, cool, reminds of the Monthy Python song....:-)
    thanks for joining our challenge
    hugs
    Miranda
    PCI DT

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your super Valentine card. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Absolutly stunning card!! Just love the image and the sentiment fits perfectly!!! Thanks for joining us at The cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs anad sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx