Pages

Followers

Sunday 2 October 2011

It's Sunday Tick Tock!

Good Morning all!
It's Sunday already & time for an exciting new challenge at 
I hope you like the theme this week, 
it would be great to see lot's of entries!
So with out further ado, you may have already guessed it but ,

The ladies of the DT were given Debbie's awesome 
Pocket Watch & elements from 
to work with!
I have to say, this one had me puzzled for a while, 
I knew what I wanted to do but it took a while & a couple of tries 
before I got it right! 
Then I had a job getting decent photos! lol!
Here's my card!


It's a free standing acetate pop up card!
I apologise for the reflection on the acetate, I just couldn't get any pics indoors that looked any good 
& it was a bit breezy outside so the acetate was a bit wavery! ROFL!!
I printed out the image on Core'dinations card stock, cut it out & slightly distressed the edges before inking with Distress Inks in Antique Linen & Weathered Wood.


On the reverse, I again used the pocket watch image, but edited it in my graphics 
programme to add some of the cog elements. 
My idea was to make it look like the inside of a watch!



I added Anita's 3D glaze to the front of the watch. 
I tried to distress it by cracking the glaze but I ended up with just one 
big crack on one side! lol!
I added a pendulum which was actually part of a decoration which was on a candle!


The base of the card was made again using the Core'dinations card stock.
 I used a Hougie board for the measurements, then distressed with the same inks as before.
The paper was from my stash. it was part of a blog candy that I won so 
I have no idea where it is from but it worked perfectly for this project!
It too received the distressed with ink treatment.
I added two ticket sentiments from The Crafty Pad Designs, one to the front


& one on the reverse!
The buttons I added were from a Woodware selection bag of  buttons! 
There are all sorts of fab buttons in there!


This is the card closed! 
As you can see I tried to keep both sides very similar!
The only other additions are a strip of card stock along the top of the 
acetate section & some sisal string which my Mum got from the local market!
I love that string, the more you touch it the fluffier it becomes!
(Thanks Mum!)


The greeting can be written on the bottom section of the card 
so it will be invisible when the card is open!
I hope you like it!
I hope you have plenty of time to enter the challenge at
  The Crafty Pad this week! 
Pop on over & check out the other DT examples!
 I know you won't be disappointed!
Now before you go I must let you know who this weeks sponsor is!
This week we are lucky to have the wonderful




who are offering a £10 voucher to spend 
(please note this does not include P&P)
I'd like to enter my card in a few challenges:
Altered Alice Celebrating the Mad Hatter with Twinkles
Here Come The Boys Wheely Nice
Card and Scrap Distressing/Embossing
Drunken Stampers Get Well/Thinking of you
2 Sisters Fancy Folds
One Stop Craft Just For Men
Sugar Creek Hollow Shabby Chic/Vintage/Primitive Trash to Vintage Treasure
Card Makin' Mama's More Than One/Fancy Folds
Delicious Doodles Tales Of The Unexpected
Play Date Cafe Colour + Photo Inspiration
Tuesday Throwdown Thinking of You!

31 comments:

  1. That is one AWESOME creation. The acetate watch is genius. This project blows me away :-D !! Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles Challenges.
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Dawn this is really amazing!!!!!I don't know how you did this but it's a creation for sure!!!! Wow I absolutely love it!!!!!! What an amazing project!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sweetie! Your card is the TOPS! So much detail and little gadgets. Where do you find the time:)
    xx Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative and wonderful....I haven't worked with acetate very much, but you sure did it proud. Love the reuse of the candle decoration to make your pendelum. So glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn this is absolutely amazing. Really incredible. I love it. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! I have never seen a pop-up card with acetate before, so kudos to you for a great idea! Love the way you put the clockworks on the back, very creative. Great vintage look with all the neutral colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous !!
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Use a Digi' challenge.
    Good Luck !!
    Hope to see you back next week :O)

    Hugs Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so extremely cool! Thanks for playing along with ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative and interesting card Dawn!! I can't say I have ever made an acetate card before but what an inspiration. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic card. Love the use of acetate for the pop up and that the inside of the watch is on the reverse. So much wonderful detail. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles' "tales of the unexpected"

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fabulous!!! I just love your card, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wawww i love it

    100000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring
    klemmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. im glad you got your vision made into reality, its worth it as the final result is brilliant! Thanks for using your fancy folds with the CMM's

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Dawn, you have left me speechless. This is a truly amazing WORK OF ART. Simply amazing.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card love the muteed colours you have used thanks for joining us at OSCC this week.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous project, lovin your work, thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, good luck and hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all the Ticks & tocks from this card! It's Wheeely Nice!!!! Thank you for playing at Here Come The Boys! Woo & Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, it looks fab, well done! Thanks for joining our Monochrome challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fab idea! Love the design and the elements you used on it :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  21. Exelent card:)
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for playing along in our CAS birthday challenge at Crafty Creations - what a great creation - fabulous! cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous card! I love the vintage look and the great design, great idea of using Acete. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very clever card, lots of thought gone into this and it shows! Thanks for joining us this time for the Wheely Nice challenge at Here Come The Boys, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is the coolest thing ever! Not only is it a pop-up card, but you took it to the next step and used acetate. Totally fab! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowsers!
    This is utterly stunning! I love all the details and the colours are stunning!
    Thanks for joining in the fun this time at Dream Valley Challenges
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic card:)
    Thanks for joining us at Card and scrap.

    Hugs Trine.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow this is amazing. I love it.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous work and so creative! Amazing job with the acetate. Thanks for joining our Altered Alice challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great project - love it

    thanks for joining in with our challenge at Delicious Doodles

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness I can't believe all the work you've put into this, lovely job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx