Pages

Followers

Monday 15 August 2011

Watermelon!

Evening all!
I have a card to share with you!
On a Monday too!!!
I was doing a bit of crafting yesterday & I remembered that the challenge at For Fun Challenges was Watermelon! You can also pick up a FREEBIE from their sponsor  Meljen's Designs  if you need it!
Of course I popped on over to refresh my memory & pick up the FREEBIE
It's such a cute little image !
Here's my card


I used a pale green 7"x4" card blank for the base of my card.
I added two triangles of DP in watermelon type colours.
The pink spotted paper is from Southfield Staioners & the green paper was actually the result of my old printer giving up the ghost! I decided to keep the mishap & I'm soo glad I did!
I then added a strip of mini Ric Rac across the join  & added a couple of little triangles at the corners.


I used my graphics programme to add some text around the image.
Then I cut it out with a Nellie Snellen Die.
 I'd like to say I managed to judge the size perfectly but it was actually 
a happy coincidence!
I then coloured up the image with Promarkers & added a couple of little 
highlights with a white gel pen.


My final addition was a few little pieces of Card Candy!
Thanks for looking & I hope you like it!
I'm off to enter it into a challenge or two!
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges!
DDH Challenges 3Buttons/Brads 2 Papers 1Ribbon ( I hope card candy  qualifies)
Hooked On Crafts Anything Sweet you can eat
Make It Monday Anything Goes
Paper Playtime Anything Goes
Shabby Tea Room Polka Dots
One Stitch at A Time Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Hot Colours
Stamp Scrap Doodle Photo Inspiration


25 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn this card looks juicy and scrumptious! The image is terrific. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks SO much for joining in at FOR FUN Dawn, I really appreciate it, and you never know, you could even win the prize... the odds are pretty high this week!! :P Your card is fab by the way :D

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card spotted you at make it monday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card and scrumptious colors! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card...love the sentiment you did a fab job at adding the words. Coloring is great and your design is fantastic...tfs
    www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dawn
    Susan from NZ here.
    What a wonderfully whimsical card, sAw it on MIM, I wanted to check your blog out anyway after you commented on my card, thanks so much for taking the time to do that I know it can be so time consuming commenting when we could be making cards, but I do appreciate all I get.
    Good luck in the Challenges, it is a fun card.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card!! love how you did the sentiment in the circle around the image. Love love all the brads!!

    Thanks for playing "Watermelon" at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you Wednesday for the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So a cute card and I love the color combo! I saw your card on Make it Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and fun image.. great colouring

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT and good luck, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and I love the colours they are yummy and I like how you have used your embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, this is so cute. Love the color combo!

    Pop over to see a new vintage challenge blog It's all about the vintage. We have some yammy blog candy to offer on the whole August.

    See you there!

    Hugs, Sande xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmmm, that watermelon looks good enough to eat! Very cute card! I love the colours! Thanks for joining us at DDH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along on FOR fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you just love it when a card just comes together like that? It so rarely works so well for me. Love the text graphic that you put around the image. I really need reminders about techniques like that more often. I also really like the colours used. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that backing papers and the image is so cute too !
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'anything goes' challenge . Good Luck !
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you remembered the challenge and played with us as you were our WINNER this week!! Congratulations!

    Hope to see you this week for our new challenge at For Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute image! I love pink and green and all these polka dots! So glad you could play along with us in the Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet image! I love pink and green and all these polka dots! So glad you could play along with us in the Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this! the papers look great, i saw it on mim x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw your card on MIM and wanted a closer look. I just love it! The colors are so fresh and pretty and I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi you are our winner at SSDS. I will be giving Robyn's Fetish you name so you can collect your prize. Congratulations! I love your card.
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this colour combination of green and pink. Such a pretty card and perfect for our challenge at Hookedoncrafts. Thanks so much for joining in our fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful sweet juicy card...

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on winning our challenge at For Fun! I'm sorry to say that my email account was hacked, and on it's reset, I lost all my details! Please contact me at paulineguttrey(AT)yahoo(DOT)com(DOT)au so I can forward details of your prize to you!
    I'm so sorry for this delay!
    hugs,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx