Pages

Followers

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Scraps!

Evening all!
Just wanted to share the card I made for the Craftystash Competition this month with you!
I posted the details about the competition earlier, you can see that post here
This month Debbie wanted us to use scraps/recycle!
Here's what I came up with!


Last month, we were given a Circus Box Card as the freebie for entering the competition. You can buy it here
I can't show you the Circus Box Card made up just yet as someone might see it before they should but I will post a pic of it later!


To make my card I used scraps of the backing paper from the download & cut into little pennant shapes for my bunting. 
I did the same with some yellow mulberry paper which I used for my Crafty Pad DT card on Sunday. 
These are stuck onto ribbon which is recycled from items of clothing. 
You know, the annoying little bits that hold stuff on hangers! 
There are two different coloured pieces of ribbon as I couldn't find a pair that matched the colours.




The ticket is from the download & matted onto a piece of the mulberry paper.
 It was a bit small & I didn't have any more so I just offset it slightly!
The ticket is mounted, using foam pads, onto a scalloped oval of another part of the download, then onto another little piece of scrap card in blue.
To finish of the design I used some mullberry paper flowers with blue flower brads centres & a couple of pins.
Thanks for looking, I had such fun making this. 
I hope you like it! 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenge
My Grafico Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. It's cool Dawn, a brilliant use of scraps! Looking forward to seeing that circus box card too. Hugs, ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is beautiful!!!! love the colors and the design !!! It look like blogger might let me leave a message this time if so then I have to go through the rest of your blog to see what I missed!!!!!Usually when i try to visit here it says this page cannot be displayed .... So lets see if this comes through!!!!

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab, fab fab! Great card Dawn and good luck in the competition. Love your box card too - it's just brilliant :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. its so cute :)
    like the flowers :)
    hugs
    Alyna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful summery card, its so lovely and I love the bunting, so clever. Lee x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx