Pages

Followers

Monday 13 June 2011

I'm a Bad Girl!

Hi All, here I am with my DT card for My Grafico this week! 
I'm a day late & I must apologise but family duties took precedence this weekend & I just ran out of time!
On with the show!

This week the DT were given the Whimsy Birds Brushes Set from Lil Ellaboudy Design to work with.


You can find them here



I coloured my image with promarkers & cut out with a nestie, leaving the tail outside the circle.


I knew I wanted to use feathers on this whimsical, magical,project but the ones I wanted to use were quite bright so I had to make the rest of the project fit the bill!

I looked at Feline Playful for a sketch to follow & opted for this one as I thought it would suit my image!


Silly me forgot to check it out before I went ahead & I discovered afterwards that it's not for the current challenge! The Sketch is from I {Heart} To Stamp & it does actually say May on it! lol!
Oh well, it's still a fab sketch & I like the result I achieved with it! So thank you!
I used an A5 card blank as the base for my card!




The DP I used is from Bearly Mine Designs & I so wanted to use it as I've had it printed off & ready to go for ages!
I matted it onto some lightweight card.
Instead of ribbon, I used a strip of organza down the middle, I got it from a  local pound shop & I knew it would come in handy for something one day!

I printed out the sentiment on the computer. The font I used is called Sunshine Poppy & you can download it for free here  I matted it onto the DP & the card thenI mounted it using foam tape for a bit of dimension as I did the image!


The feathers were added using pinflair glue as were the buttons!
I hope you like it, thank you so much for looking!
I'm not sure what's happening with the My Grafico Challenge this month, yet. As it doesn't appear to have gone live.
I have asked tonight & if I hear anything I'll keep you posted.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges!
KB Cute Monday Anything Goes
Woodware USA Birthdays
Papercrafting Journey Our Feathered Friends
The Three Muses Exotic Bird




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fine-feathered friends! I enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dawn,

    Oh what a wonderful a map! On which it is so much to discover! I like something very much!
    Thank you for participating in the creative stamp friends.
    Hugs Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely exotic bird, Dawn. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, Dawn! Love the bright, bold colors, and the feathers are a wonderful touch! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft your Passion in our "It's Magical" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a funky card, I love those feathers! thanks for playing along with our birthday challenge over at woodware usa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card, love the feathers!
    Thanks for playing along with Paper Crafting Journey's Challenge.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your cards & projects!

    Laura
    PCJDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx