Pages

Followers

Sunday 15 May 2011

Is it Sunday Already Cup Cake?


Happy Sunday all! 
Well I'm hoping it's happy Sunday & Mr Blogger has sorted himself out!
I felt a bit lost as I couldn't comment on anyone's lovely cards or upload any of my own!
When I did get on Mr Blogger had removed lots of your lovely posts!

As it's Sunday, it must be a new challenge over at
The Crafty Pad
This week for Challenge #121 we would like to see "Holes"
There are lots of options, big holes little holes, holes with ribbon threaded through the list is endless & the type is up to you!
We're sponsored this week by the lovely
Joanna Sheen


who is offering £10 to spend in her fabby shop!

Here's my card with my interpretation of the theme, with lots of holes!
 Lol,  had to make up for the lack of spots & dots last week!


The Design Team were asked to use one of Debbie's Cup Cake images
from The CupCake Complete Set
available from The Crafty Pad Designs the sentiments are part of the same set!

Here's how I made my card:
For the base card I used a white scalloped square card. 
I scored down the middle of the front section & folded it back, et voila a fold back card!
I spent ages looking for just the right paper to use for this card & found it was literally under my nose all along!  
The striped paper came from Southfield Stationers & was part of a bundle I was given to play with a while back. It matched the cup cake holder just perfectly.


I've used these papers from Southfield's quite a lot!
The colours are great & the quality is really very good!
The image & decoupage sections were coloured with promarkers, I layered up the decoupage using pinflair glue & added some Diamond Sparkles glitter to two of the sections.
 The cherry on top was highlighted with a white gel pen which got a bit smudged, oopsy, 
I then cut out the image using my new frame die from Nellie's which I purchased at Southfield's.

On the inside section, I added the outside of the frame that I used to cut out my image, which was matted onto the blue paper, then added the sentiment, which was cut out with a scalloped oval!


 I used my ribbon threading punch to puch two holes at the top & bottom & threaded some lace, which is full of holes, through the punched holes & stuck down.



The other sentiments were simply matted on to the blue & attached with foam tape to give some dimension!
I hope you'll find the time to join us for our "Holes" Challenge at The Crafty Pad!
I'm off to look for some challenges for this card. Enjoy your Sunday!


One Stop Craft Challenge Ice Cream Colours ( Blue Moon, Vanilla,Strawberry & Black cherry Flavours)









11 comments:

  1. An accidentally rejected comment from my dear friend Ali!
    Dawn, this is gorgeous! I love the colours and the fold-back style. WTG my friend. Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fab card Dawn it's perfect for our challenge over at OSCC this week.

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card, I love Debbi's images and your colour combo is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the colours!

    Thank you for sharing with us at SFC this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, that looks so yummie! Thanks for joining KKKG this week!

    Hugs,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog, Dawn!
    What a "yummy card" you made! Love the sparkling icing on the top of the cupcake!!!
    Hugs from Austria!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool fold! I love it, the colors and the sparkles and "holes" it's all perfect! Thank you for joining us at the Hotspot, we hope you'll stop by and play again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Thanks for taking part in the SFC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I love your diecuts and such a yummy cupcake, thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
    Debs R
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovley card thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky that you found the perfect paper to match :)

    Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx