Pages

Followers

Thursday 3 February 2011

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Gong Hay Fat Choi
Gung hei Fat Choi
Gung Hay Fat Choy to you all!
However you say it!!!
Chinese New Year February 3, 2011

The Rabbit

The Metal Rabbit, or white rabbit as it can also be called, is known for its refined, sensitive and gentle demeanor. Their own space is important for them. They can be quite clever when negotiating and working with others and also show a driven, ambitious nature. They give it all they've got and put their heart and soul into anything they've committed to, both in their business and personal lives. They can be very artistic. Although they might not be outwardly affectionate, they can make very intense lovers. Their determination, focus and a wry sense of humor make them popular. They can be extremely sensitive, and are often able to use that sensitivity to see beyond the surface. They make good friends and great partners in relationships.

I made a card as I always do for the family who run our local Chinese takeaway!

I cut out the image & a slightly bigger matt in red linen card using the old faithful nesties on the Big Shot!
With the rest of the red card I created an easel base. I matted the computer generated greeting on to the same red card & attached for the stop, with foam tape for a bit of height!
I added some detail with a few gold peel offs & that was pretty much it!
As I always do I ran it by my dearly beloved for a quality control check! At that point he asked if  it was for the girl who works in his office & who kindly looks after our cat when we go on holiday!
Eeeeek!! I didn't even think!!!
Now I feel terribly guilty so dash around getting some other bits to make her card!!!
Luckily I had printed off two images so that was simple enough!
I had this lovely oriental paper, which I think my mum gave me ages ago! I didn't want to put it on the card for the takeaway as I'm sure I've used it before so I used it for this one!
I didn't have a printed out sentiment as such but I had previously created a paper with "Gung Hay Fat Choy!" all over it. So I added a small section inside the folded bit of the easel & hey presto!!
Thanks for stopping by for a peek!
Update, came across a challenge for this card at
Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog Chinese New Year
Sentimental Sundays Chinese New Year
Daring Cardmakers  The Year of the Rabbit

11 comments:

  1. They are great, how thoughtful of you to send a card to the owners of the chinese takeaway :)
    Bet the girl who feeds Sammy was pleased too.

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, perfect for this week, thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous! You did such an expert job on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Dawn hope you get a good discount LOL. Thanks for joining in Rainbow Lady's challenge this week and good luck in the draw. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is stunning, I love it, Thanks for playing along on Rainbow Lady this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a perfect card Dawn ideal for the New Year. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful-you make it sound oh, so easy! What a thoughtful one you are!
    Thank you for joining us this week at the Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are adorable, I love the image and the style. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both beautiful cards, I love the image and the papers are lush! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thank you for joining our Asian Inspired challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two super cards, your choice of an easel card shows off the image and sentiments beautifully. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx