Pages

Followers

Sunday 7 August 2011

Sunday & No Work Tomorrow!

Good afternoon all you lovely people of Blog!
I hope you are all well!
I'm officially on my holidays although we're staying at home,
so we can spend some time at 
I'll post more about that later!

Sunday as ever sees a new challenge over at
The Crafty Pad!

 The theme  is "Gone FrUiTy" (lets see some fruit on your cards)
Here's my card


I made an easel card!
The Image I have used is 
& the sentiment that I've used for the stop comes as part of it!

Nice & simple but I really love those strawberries, they just cry out summer to me! 
Here's how I made it!


I used an A4 sheet of card for the base card,
scored & folded it at a quarter then a half to give me easel base.
I then cut sections of my design paper to decorate.
The paper I've used is from the
I coloured up the image with Promarkers, using umber, gold & green on the seeds! 
(Did you know Strawberries are the only fruit that has it's seeds on the outside???)
I then added Diamond Sparkles to the seeds
I cut round the image & mounted it onto a piece of card which I had run through my big shot in a 
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Swiss Dots!

I also added some red organza ribbon from my stash & some little red flower buttons.



I ran some lace from Dainty Paperie  along the top & bottom sections just to add the finishing touch.
I hope you like it & that you have time to join in our Gone FrUiTy challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Don't forget to check out all the other DT ladies fabulous work!

We are sponsored this week by the wonderful




Who are offering the winners choice of 3 single digi images 

&




Who are offering a set of Brights Promarkers

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges

Card Cupids - Buttons and/or Ribbon
Gingerloft - make it sparkle
Kenny K Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes (summery, bright, cheerful)
One Stitch At A Time -  Use a Digi
Crafty Ann's - summertime
Fabulous Friday - color in an image
Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes
Poodles Parlour -  anything found in a garden
Raise The Bar - anything goes
Stamp Something - use a digi
Stampin For The Weekend -  spots and dots
Stampin With The Dragon - green, red, white
Craft Us Crazy - Anything goes in August
Moving Along With The Times -  Don't be square
Cooking It Up With Katie -  old, new, favorite thing or technique
Crafts and Me -  anything goes
Divas by Design -  summer 
For Fun Challenges - anything goes
365 Cards - cheer someone up
Truly Scrumptious -  buttons and bows
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Anything goes 
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations - Buttons and/or Bows
Tuesday Throwdown - Summertime
Card and Scrap - Summer
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles - in the Garden

27 comments:

  1. Oh wow Dawn this is super adorable and good enough to eat!!!!! Love those strawberries!!!!!The design of the card is fantastic too!!!! Great job my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Dawn, as ever a simply stunning card and I wish you luck in your entering into so many challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, this is gorgeous - and yummy looking too. Love the red gingham paper you used.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one, Dawn! Your strawberries are simply gorgeous. I'm so ready to taste one! Can't wait to hear about the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Dawn & so summery :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am already a follower- and stopped by to say I look forward to working with you at Feline Playful. I admire your coloring on your cards very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wawww it is beautiful

    thank you for sharing on card and scrap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it:) This is real summerfeeling for me.
    Strawberries and the red color:)
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow fab card - love those juicy strawberries and the delightful gingham
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by design this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Dawn, yummy strawberries...hmmmmmm. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops also forgot to say -Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the checkered print with the strawberries. Yummy card! Thanks for joining us for a challenge at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card love those scrummy looking strawberries and fab gingham paper thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey teamie! LOVE this card, it's faberooney, I'm so pleased to see it enter so many challenges, especially FOR FUN this week. Best of luck!

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous easel card! The strawberries look so yummy! Love how the background paper looks like a tablecloth or picnic blanket. Glad you joined us this week at Stamping with the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this card is just so fresh and pretty, love it!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs this week. I hope that you had fun with our challenge

    ~Amanda~

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely, fresh card - those strawberries look good enough to eat. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable project! Love the colours and patterns and its summery and fruity look! Many thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, it certainly conjures up Summer. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a berry great card. Thanks for playing along on FOr fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh just gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing with us at Stampin with the Dragon, but we like to see some Christmas cards.
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Dawn... love those strawberries.
    Thanks for joining us at the Kenny K Krafty Girlz challenge.
    Marilyn S

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card, love the strawberries. Great colouring. Thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, good luck, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow"! Gorgeous card, love that sweet strawberry image and your design. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge over at at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Good Luck
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your strawberries looked good enough to eat! A very charming card! Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely card, it's beautifull!! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's challenge!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx