Pages

Followers

Sunday 9 August 2015

Happy Ruby Wedding

Good morning all!
The card I have to share with you today is a commision.
I was given free reign to make a Ruby Wedding card
for a friend to give to her husband.
Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary Liz & John!
Here's what I came up with!


I used a white 6"x6" base & added a mat of ruby red card-stock.
The white, embossed card is from Lelli-bot.
I added a layer of ruby card, along the lower third of the card, 
 the bottom edge was punched using an EK Success border punch & a 
mat of  the embossed card on top.
I created the hearts using the ruby red card.
I die cut them, then ran through the big shot to emboss, using Cuttlebug
swirls & swiss dots folders. Next I added some silver thread which was wrapped around.
In the past I have used embossing powder to give these a nice shiny appearance.
This time, as I had added the thread, I decided to try Anitas 3d Clear Gloss. 
It took ages to dry (overnight) but I am really happy with the result.
The sentiment was created in my graphics programme.
I added 3 ruby red star buttons to embellish.


On the inside of the card, I added a mat of ruby red card & a
die cut heart in white, to write on.
Thanks for popping in, I do hope you like my card!
I certainly had a lot of fun creating it!


15 comments:

  1. I love this card. Those heartsblook amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Dawn, such an elegant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Dawn. Love the hearts and that white embossed card is fantastic- it looks really elegant on this card.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Dawn and so elegant. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful Dawn - so elegant - I love it! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn this is a stunning card I love the elegant design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Anniversary card Dawn, I love the way you've done the hearts xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous wedding Anniversary card Dawn, love those cute hearts.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Dawn.....love the heart idea, very elegant & classy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgoeus card Dawn. Love the design, so elegant.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely work. Congrats for 40 years for your friend. My husband is John to, but we are still a few years from our 20th

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the look of your heart
    stunning
    and your friend hubby will love this
    great Layout and love the monochrom color
    great Wedding card Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx