Pages

Followers

Thursday 9 April 2015

Washi Fun - Happy Birthday & A Surprise


Hi all, I've been having some fun with my Washi Tape!
I love the stuff, it's just perfect for a quick CAS card.
You might recall I made a few cards using this at Christmas time!
Not much to say about this wee card really, it's A6, the flower is from my
stash, I got them in the pound shop ages ago & I printed the 
sentiment onto the base card which is Linen Embossed CS.
That's about it really!
I'd like to enter this card in a couple of challenges:
Clear It Out - Anything Goes


Oh yes & the surprise!
I've not had the best couple of days, nothing serious at all, just trivial things
but when I got home from work, I had a note from the postie
to say he'd left a parcel for me with a neighbour!
I am expecting a delivery but it's a pair of tweezers, so I was intrigued........
Anyhoo, I rang the neighbours doorbell & the man of the house appeared with a huge
padded envelope! I was mystified by this point!
I chatted for a bit as you do but I was dying to get into the house
to investigate further.
Well, here's what this surprise parcel contained!


How amazing is that?
It's from a very lovely friend, very lovely indeed!
This has totally made my day!
I'm sure my Mum & I will find this very handy for making our 
fundraising cards for Breakthrough!
Thanks so much Nikki! You're one special lady! xx

21 comments:

  1. a wonderful card and a gorgeous surprize of crafting goodies Dawn.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun birthday card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CAS card Dawn and I love the colours. How fabulous is that gift from your friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely birthday card Dawn. Must drag my washi tape out. And what a wonderful gift too. Have fun.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card Dawn...and what a lovely surprise! That should keep you busy for a while :) Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great make - I love this Dawn - and your parcel is wonderful Dawn - fabulous! You so deserve it lovely lady x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite, polka dots! Love you card and oh my goodness, lucky you receiving all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bloom, it us so fresh and bright. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!! Love the flower!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous and I love how you used your washi tape! Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely and ingenious card, Dawn and a lovely surprise. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What clever use of the washi tape! What a fabulous time your'e both going to have with your happy post! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dawn - this is a lovely card and looks so quick and easy to do. Love the rich purple colour scheme too. What a great surprise "haul" - that'll keep you and your mum out of mischief for a while methinks!!!! With my DT "hat", on thanks for taking part in this week's challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely card Dawn, such pretty purples. Wow! such a lovely surprise, you have a wonderful friend.
    Have a good weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of the washi! Wonderful colors! What a great gift...have fun! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah you are a lucky girl getting that lovely goodies
    I want toooo hehehe just a joke
    is that card for me
    cause you said in your tittle happy birthday
    I though you have a birthday today Miss Dawn
    your card all in purple it is my fav color and cute flower you have and great Washi tape too
    I love your card..
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Dawn, I do love the purple! I've never gotten into using washi tape but I think that's mostly because I just haven't seen anything I loved. This card is marvelous and I love, love, LOVE the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Dawn what a fabulous surprise hun what a treat - enjoy - love the card too great CAS and one of my fave colours crafty hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very striking card Dawn and I just love the colour. Have fun with your craft goodies Hun. What a very special friend you have ! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment Dawn. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the vist, Dawn. The weather broke here too! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx