Pages

Followers

Thursday 22 March 2012

Indulge Yourself!

Hello all,
I would like to share this card with you today! 
I made it for my Sister In Law's birthday!
I always struggle to make something for her, not because she's fussy but
she lives in a very tasteful flat & cute is just not her style!
This is what I came up with this year!


The base card is made from a pad of cardstock from Lidl. 
The sheets are a bit larger than A4 so I scored & trimmed it 
to make a 5"x5" square card blank.
I do love some of their crafty bits!
The Image is  from Sassy Studio Designs & is called
I'm Every Woman, New Spa Day
the best bit is that she's a freebie!
I coloured her up with my promarkers.
The paper is from Papermania.
The colours I have used were inspired by springtime!


The double bow is seam binding from The Cloth Shop, my local haberdasher.
The button is from big bag of buttons by Woodware &
the Happy Birthday sentiment ticket is one of my beloved & 
well used items from The Crafty Pad Designs
The edges were distressed using a Colour Q ink pad & the 
bubbly embossed card was done with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

The flowers & leaves were cut using a Marianne Creatable's die set.
The flowers were cut from the DP & the leaves were cut from scraps.
I hope you like it & thank you for taking the time to stop by!

Challenges I'd like to enter this card into are as follows:
C.R.A.F.T. Handmade flowers
Crafty Ribbons Birthday
Create Me Pink Tear It up &/or Distressing
PaperCrafting Journey Pretty Pastels
Paper Play Spring Colours
Crafts & Me Light & Airy Spring Colours
Scrapbook Sister's Anything Goes
Sassy Cheryl's Think Spring
Squigglefly Use Homemade flowers on your creation

29 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, Wow your sister-in-law will love this card l have this stamp too and she is gorgeous:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet your SIL will love this oh so elegant card. It is perfect for our challenge at CRAFT Challenges this week

    Good Luck

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your sister-in-law is one lucky lady to be getting this gorgeous card! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous, she'll love it.....would love to know who makes the stamp, haven't seen it before xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, just re-read the post, now I know where the image is from... doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister in law will love this. Thank you for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Dawn. I love the image and the colours. It looks like a winner to me.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and feminine! your sister is going to love it! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Dawn, I love the soft colours and that bow is amazing
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Dawn! Your card is so gorgeous, and your SIL will totally love it! Your flowers are done so beautifully and I love the spring colors! Thanks for playing along with us at our Squigglefly Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smashing card Dawn !! Would look fab anywhere....

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours Dawn! Very feminine. Your SIL will really love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that 'cute, is just not her style'. The she's going to LOVE this. How perfect is this b-day card for your SIL! Very elegant!
    Thanks for playing along in the SPRING challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I'm sure you sister in law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, Dawn - elegant and classy - your sis-in-law will love it.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pastels...please join me again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spectacular, Dawn! Love your color palette -- so chic. Fabulous flowers. That's such a great image -- perfect for pampering. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an elegant and lovely card that your SIL is going to love, great colours! Thanks for your sweet visit to my blog, have a lovely weekend, Ira x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very elegant, Im sure your SIL will love it.
    Good to see you at CRAFT this week. Hope to see you again next time, good luck, Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card Dawn I am sure she will love it I struggle like this with a friend of mine she is not a girly girl either love what you have done though beautiful enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card Dawn I love it and those roses are FAB Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable card and pretty flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly and we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at the CBN challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Dawn! What a fun card! Such a cute image...sorry, but I think she's cute! hehe! And I love those flowers! Love 'em!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dawn, what a super card. Love your attention to details!
    I am so glad you joined us for this week's challenge at Sassy Cheryl's!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely card. The soft colors are great and I love the flowers. Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card - thank you for joining us at Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge. Jeannie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Ribbons challenge! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx