Pages

Followers

Friday 18 February 2011

A Woman's Work!

A woman's work is never done & that goes for this little lady,who is one of the latest additions to the Digi's With Attitude! store this week!

She's called Vacuuming Tween & she's dying to get out with her friends but instead, she's having to clean her room!!!
She's decided to have a bit of fun while doing it & is doing the Hoover Boogie to her favourite old Queen song "I want to break free!" Those of you old enough might remember the video with Freddie Mercury in a dress doing the cleaning!
Which brings me on to this weeks
Challenge#18 over at Digi's With Attitude!
It's a Theme Challenge & is "Anything to do with cleaning!"
 Now you don't have to use a Digi's With Attitude! image but we do like to see what you do with them!
This week we once again have a sponsor!

Robyn's Fetish is offering up 2 paper packs, of the winners choice, from their store! This is of course  in addition to the usual prize of a $10 coupon for the Digi's With Attitude! store.
They very kindly provided the DT with some papers to play with for this challenge too!
The papers are from a collection called Coney Island Summers!
I made my card using a twisted easel base! to which I added  a matt of lightweight green card & then the  green floral paper.
I coloured my image with promarkers to match in with the papers & cut her out on the big shot with my latest nesties. I matted her onto a layer of the green textured paper.




I then added a computer generated sentiment, a ribbon from my stash, a paper flower with a rose at it's centre & a couple of punched flourishes!
 For base of the easel I used the green textured paper.

The stop was once again a computer generated sentiment cut out with another nestie & matted onto the floral paper & lightweight card! 

For balance I added a rose & punched flourishes!
Thank you for looking & I do hope you'll have time to play along! Don't forget to visit the other DT members blogs & comment on their cards too!!!

I have been asked how I made this card and I have to say it was very simple to do!
I took a square card blank, opened it up & scored one half from corner to corner on the diagonal!
I folded over the card & sharpened the fold with a bone folder.
I added the design paper to the base card.
I then took another piece of cardstock the same size as the base card & decorated that with the DPs and my image, flowers etc!
I attached the front to the base & added the sentiment as a stop to retain the card front!
 I hope you can follow these instructions! If you do want any more details just ask!!!

I'd like to enter this card for the following challenges
Creative Craft World Use a Square
Stanpavie & More Monochrome
Stamin' Royalty Use Markers
Digital Tuesday Use a Diecut
Creative Inspirations Paint Keep It Sweet & Simple
My Grafico Monthly Challenge Anything Goes
Digi Doodle Shop's Best Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey Anything Goes
Samuel Taylor's Challenge Use Promarkers/Copics
Sassy Studio Designs Use a Punch
Shelly's Images Blog Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. Fantastic Card Dawn - just lovin' the sentiments - looks like they're playing our song lol Good luck in your challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Dawn, I immediately thought of us all on the forum!! Lol! I made my first twisted easel card for one of my DT cards last week (working ahead though, so won't be able to share it yet.) Good fun aren't they, yours it terrific (as always.)

    Big hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft Workd.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the unique fold and your take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - such a fun image and sentiment x
    Thanks for joining in with us at paper crafting journey this time x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Love the image, thanks for sharing it with the girls over at Stamping Royalty this week.
    xxGardenia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, thanks for playing along with SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card! Love the colors and the pretty flowers! Thanks for playing along @ SSD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fantastic sentiment you came up with to go with your adorable image!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Dawn! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at Shelly's Images for our Show us what you got Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice card!
    Thanks for your participation in the Digital Tuesday Challenge...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shades of green.Fabulous card all round.Reminds me of what I should be doing instead of crafting - hee,hee!THanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colors. Thanks for joining us at SSD
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at DDSB
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card,love the sentiment, perfect for the image, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great easel card! I love the twist. I must get the directions and give this one a try. thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. superbe carte, et très originale avec ce vert


    thanks for joining us at SAM this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for my 'use a square card' challenge.
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx