Pages

Followers

Friday 1 July 2011

A Wedding Invitation!

Good evening all! I thought I'd share the wedding invitations I made for my niece with you!
Her theme is Navy & Cream
As they had previously bought some save the date cards from the internet & we decided to use those as the basic design for the design of the invitation.
After looking at lots of different card designs the 'Happy Couple' opted for a gatefold card.



The card base is made using A4 navy recycled cardstock,
I cut it in half , scored either side & folded to a gatefold.



I printed the words Wedding Invitation on to a square of cream card then matted & layered with a navy & then a cream square.
I added a little flourish or two which were cut using a punch papermania punch & a single cream rose.


I used ultra high tack DST to stick the ribbon to the back of the card.
Then wrapped it around, tying in a double knot at the front.


For the insert I printed out the details onto a piece of A6 cream cardstock, trimmed a little
 & stuck inside using photoglue! 
Simples Huh! 
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Dawn, this is so elegant and just sensational! Love the simplicity of it and yet it's gorgeous!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, This is absolutely gorgeous! The epitome of elegant. Very formal and yet simple in design. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These invites are so elegant. Beautiful job!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to comment! I truly appreciate your feedback!
Hugs
Dawn xx